Long Range Planning
Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
LRTP: Adopted December 1, 2011
The Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization's (MPO) 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), which is supplemented by a Technical Report, provides the blueprint for the area's transportation planning process over the next 30 years. The transportation planning process is a collaborative effort between the City of Lincoln, Lancaster County, the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR), StarTran transit and other agencies, where the multimodal transportation system was evaluated and a set of recommendations were made with extensive public input.
This Transportation Plan meets all federal requirements and addresses the goals, objectives, and strategies to meet the community's vision for the future. It was developed in coordination with LPlan 2040, the Lincoln-Lancaster Comprehensive Plan. The development of the LRTP and other related activities is undertaken through a separate entity established by the City, the County and the State called the Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization (LMPO).
Lincoln MPO's 2040 LRTP was adopted by the MPO on December 1, 2011.
LRTP & Technical Report
- 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
- Technical Report
- Appendix A: Traffic Analysis Zones Data
- Appendix B: Lancaster County Population Projections: 2010-2040
- Appendix C: LPlan 2040
- Appendix D: MPO Management Plan
- Appendix E: Environmental Justice Analysis Report
- Appendix F: Project Prioritization Support Data
- Appendix G: Congestion Management Process
- Appendix H: Mobility Report Cards
- Appendix I: Environmental, Social, & Cultural Impact Assessment Detail Tables & Maps