Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
County/City Building, Mayor's Conference Room
Roll call and acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the June 22, 2017 Officials Committee meeting.
- Review and action on revisions to the FY-2018-2021 Transportation Program".
- Briefing on the FHWA/FTA MPO Certification Report. The federal Quadrennial TMA Certification Review of the Lincoln MPO was conducted by the FHWA and FTA on May 2nd and 3rd, 2017 in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Briefing on the Nebraska DOT Lincoln South Beltway Study. A Public Hearing for the Lincoln South Beltway is scheduled for October 3, 2017, to be held at the Sesostris Shrine Center, 1050 Saltillo Road.
- Briefing on the Lincoln Transportation Implementation Strategy. The City of Lincoln has begun a study to develop a comprehensive implementation strategy for the City's Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).
- Briefing on the Lincoln MPO On-Street Bike Facilities Study and Committee Action on Technical Committee Oversight. The Lincoln MPO beginning a study to improve upon the City of Lincoln on-street wide network of facilities and to develop new facilities to provide for improved and safer bicycle commuting and recreational opportunities. The plan will depict a comprehensive system of off-road and on-road facilities that safely connects neighborhoods and destinations and encourages bicycle travel.
- Other topics for discussion.
a) Nebraska: Highway N-79, Agnew North & South of Raymond Spur north to Valparaiso.
Reprogram project from FY 2017 and convert advanced construction Nebraska state
funding to Federal STP-Flexible funds as part of project funding.