City of Lincoln
Metropolitan Planning Organization Technical Committee Agenda
METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
A Technical Committee meeting is scheduled as follows:
DATE: January 20, 2011
TIME: 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
PLACE: Conference Room 113, County/ City Building
- Roll Call and Acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the November 4, 2010 Technical Committee meetings.
- Review and action on the Center for People in Need (CFPIN) application for Job Access & Reverse Commute (JARC) grant funding based upon the Project Selection Task Force recommendation. This includes an amendment to the FY 2011-2014 Transportation Improvement Program.
- Review and action on revisions to the FY 2011-2014 Transportation Improvement Program.
a) State of Nebraska program revisions and amendments.
b) City of Lincoln: Streets and Highways program revisions and amendments.
c) City of Lincoln: StarTran program revisions and amendments.
- Review and action of the draft Lincoln MPO Environmental Justice Action Strategy to be used in the current Long Range Transportation Planning process. This sets forth a strategic approach to be employed by the Lincoln MPO in fulfilling it's EJ agenda and implementing Federal Title VI requirements in formulating a new Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) in coordination with the Lincoln-Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan.
- Briefing on the draft Goals and Objectives as the Evaluation Criteria to be used in the current Long Range Transportation Planning update process.
- Review and action of acceptance on the 2010 Lincoln MPO Travel Demand Model Update and Enhancement. The model update and the Travel Demand Model Validation Report was completed by LSA Associates, Inc. (Executive Summary enclosed)
The Lincoln MPO contracted the development of a travel demand model based upon TransCAD software that is intended to simulate current 2009-10 travel conditions. The Technical Committee is asked to review the travel model data in the validation report. If model validation is found acceptable, the travel model will be used as the base network in developing traffic projections for the Lincoln MPO Long Range Transportation Plan and other transportation planning activities in the Metropolitan Area. The full Travel Demand Model Validation Report is located on the Lincoln MPO web page.
- Other topics for discussion