Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization
Thursday, September 26, 2013
County/City Building, Room 113
Roll call and acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the August 15, 2013 Technical Committee meeting.
- Review of the Lincoln Travel Options Strategy for the MPO planning area.
- The Study
- The purpose of this study is to identify the existing travel patterns in Lincoln, document existing programs that help people better utilize biking, walking, transit and shared ride options. The study explored opportunities to formalize a Travel Options Program to increase the number of people using alternative modes of travel.
- Travel Options Program
- Travel Options Program is to encourage a shift from the single-occupancy automobile to alternative modes by offering other options. These efforts are to be coordinated between the City of Lincoln, the business community, universities and other institutions, and area nonprofits. The tools include providing educational materials, information, incentives, and other resources to encourage alternatives to driving alone.
- Other topics for discussion.