Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization
Thursday, April 10, 2014
County/City Building, Room 113
Roll call and acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the February 6, 2014 Technical Committee meeting.
- Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR) briefing on the Lincoln South Beltway Project and a request to define this as a priority project in the Lincoln MPO 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). This will move the Lincoln South Beltway Project from the "illustrative" list to the "funded" list of projects.
- Briefing by StarTran, as the designee, on the Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Program changes and the project selection process for reverse commute projects that are now eligible under the 5307 program. A job access reverse commute project is a "transportation project to finance planning, capital, and operating costs that support the development and maintenance of transportation services designed to transport welfare recipients and eligible low-income individuals to and from jobs and activities related to their employment, including transportation projects that facilitate the provision of public transportation services from urbanized areas and rural areas to suburban employment locations."
- Briefing on the new Section 5310 - Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program that is intended to enhance mobility for seniors and persons with disabilities by providing funds for programs to serve the special needs of transit dependent populations.
- Other topics for discussion