Beat officer at 13th and O Streets, post war



new policewomen

1942

The much talked about police two-way radio finally went into official operation in March 1942. Five police cars and two fire department cars were initially equipped with the new radios.

1944

New policewomen who started work. Two of them worked at night in close cooperation with the morals squad checking amusement places, depots and hotels. Pictured from left to right: Mrs. Merle Weller, Mrs. Lou Hillyer and Hulda Roper.


1948

Four members of the University of Nebraska football team joined the Lincoln police force for the summer months.
Pictured from left to right: Gail Gade, Chick Story, Ken Hollins, Dale Adams and Chief Joe Carroll.