"We, the members of the Lincoln Police Department, working with all people,
are committed to providing quality services that promote a safe and secure community."
We are committed to ...
- preserving life, and enhancing the quality of life.
- an environment that encourages problem solving, by both ourselves and the community.
- being responsible for our actions and taking ownership for our work.
- our community, our profession, and to each other.
- educating ourselves and our community about the causes, resolution, and prevention of crime and disorder.
- human dignity and the worth of all individuals.
- Ensure that all persons may pursue their lawful activities without fear or impediment by
maintaining public order.
- Reduce the impact of crime, fear of crime, and public disorder on the daily lives of Lincoln
residents through patrol, crime prevention, criminal investigation, and law enforcement.
- Respond to calls for service and other public needs promptly in order to provide services
which resolve problems and protect persons and property.
- Manage the fiscal, capital, information, and personnel resources of the department with
efficiency and care.
- Develop and maintain open relationships and communications with other agencies,
organizations, and the public at large.
- Protect safe and orderly transportation through traffic direction, law enforcement, and accident investigation.
- Recruit and retain the best possible employees, reflecting the diversity of our population.
- Provide employees with opportunities for meaningful work, challenging goals, and growth throughout their career.