Applications can be completed through the Lincoln/Lancaster County Human Resources Department. Applications for this hiring cycle will be accepted until Friday, December 19, 2014.
- Wednesday, January 14, 2015
- Friday, January 23, 2015
- Saturday, January 24, 2015
- Saturday, January 31, 2015
* Past residency restrictions are no longer enforced. Commissioned officers are not required to live within Lancaster County. *
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- United States Citizen
- No Felony or Domestic Assault convictions
- Valid Driver's License
- Age: 21
On the day of testing, the written portion of the test will be administered first. You will receive a study guide for the written portion of the exam two weeks prior to the test. This is a very important part of the hiring process. You must put forth the time and effort to study this information. The higher you score, the better your chances of being hired for the academy. Only those who pass the written test will move forward to the physical ability testing.
The entire testing process (written & physical abilities) will last approximately six hours on each testing date. A description of the physical ability testing will also be sent to you via e-mail. You will need to be physically prepared in order to perform these tests, so plan ahead. If you don't already exercise, now is the time to start a progressive training program so you can be physically prepared to complete all of the required tests. The physical testing includes a 1.5 mile run, vertical jump, sit ups, push ups, and a 120 yard shuttle run. Applicants must meet a minimum cut-off score in all physical ability events.
- Mile and a half run - under 16 minutes, 28 seconds
- Vertical jump - 16" above your highest reach
- Sit-ups - 28 in 60 seconds
- Push-ups - 21, not timed
- 120 yard shuttle run - 29 seconds