Pine Lake from 56th to Highway 2
The Schemmer Associates was retained by the City of Lincoln to provide design services for this project. The roadway will have 4 lanes with turn lanes, a raised median, sidewalks, curbs, and storm sewers.
- The curve and slope of the hill at the eastern end will be reduced to improve sight distance and the ability to stop at Nebraska Highway 2.
- The South 70th Street and Pine Lake Road intersection will have left and right turn lanes.
- The railroad crossing east of Pine Lake Park will need to be rebuilt, and new crossing gates will be required.
- The Beal Slough culvert west of Pine Lake Park and the culvert west of South 70th Street will need to be rebuilt to provide additional flood capacity.
- The Beal Slough culvert will include a pedestrian/bicycle under-crossing for a future trail.
- A drainage ditch is proposed east of South 70th Street along the south side of Pine Lake Road.
- The Pine Lake Road median at South 75th Street will be closed, making South 75th Street a right-in/right-out access.
- The culvert at South 70th Street will be widened.
Map of Project Area (37 K)
Final design of this project is nearly complete. The construction schedule is contingent upon funding.
- Kris Humphrey, City of Lincoln, Public Works & Utilities
- Phone: 402-326-1176
- Email: email@example.com