Solid Waste Management Division
- Recycling Drop-off Sites
- Multi-material and newspaper-only drop-off sites are available in Lincoln and Lancaster County. Most are open 24-hours a day and offer convenient recycling for residents.
- Bluff Road Facility Municipal Solid Waste Landfill and Yard Waste Composting Facility
- This facility is used by commercial refuse haulers and lawn maintenance companies hauling yard wastes.
- North 48th Street Facility Small Vehicle Transfer Station and Construction & Demolition Waste Landfill
- This facility is intended to provide disposal services for citizens without collection services or with special disposal needs.
- Cardboard Ban Part of Recycling Compromise (1/20/17)
- Separation of Grass and Leaves Ends December 1 (11/23/16)
- Recycling helps to save landfill space, creates jobs to collect and process the recyclables, conserves resources and reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Managing Yard Waste
- Options for disposal of yard waste, which is banned from the landfill April 1 to December 1 of each year
- Solid Waste Plan 2040
- A guidance document, communication tool, and a resource for policy decisions regarding solid waste management systems, facilities and programs