Who is eligible?
Any Lancaster County business or non-profit organization that requests assistance in establishing a recycling or composting program and/or completes the application to receive the rebate through the WRRAP is eligible.
What type of assistance is available?
- An on-site visit to review your current waste management system and suggestions for enhancing an existing recycling or composting program or beginning a new recycling or composting program.
- We can help you brainstorm solutions to barriers or challenges.
- We are available to help with program implementation and education of your staff, customers or renters.
How can we use the rebate?
A rebate of up to $750 may be earned in two ways:
- 50% of the recycling and/or composting program start-up costs, not to exceed $250. Qualifying costs may include but are not limited to:
- Purchase of recycling containers
- Retrofitting janitorial carts
- Capital improvements such as pouring a concrete pad to place recycling containers
- Waste composition assessment by a 3rd party
- Development of educational materials
- 50% of your monthly recycling or composting collection service costs for the first six months of the program, not to exceed $500.
Will we be recognized for our recycling efforts?
Yes, a “Recycle Lincoln” recognition program has been established. There are four different levels of recycling recognition that organizations can earn. There are “Bronze,” “Silver,” “Gold,” and “Zero Waste” Levels.
How do we apply?
- Review the Business Recycling Service Rebate for eligibility details.
- Identify recycling and/or composting services you are expanding or hope to begin new.
- Contact the Solid Waste Management Division at 402-441-8215 to confirm eligibility and finalize application.