Waste Reduction and Recycling Assistance Program
The City of Lincoln has established a Waste Reduction and Recycling Assistance Program (WRRAP) for commercial establishments starting new or expanded recycling programs. This includes government facilities; schools; non-profit organizations, multi-family housing complexes; institutions, industries and businesses. The City will reimburse an establishment up to $750 for start-up and monthly recycling collection costs for the first six months of service.
All document downloads in PDF format.
Business Recycling Service Rebate Request Form
This form must be completed and submitted along with supporting documentation to receive the Business Recycling Service rebate. Applicant must have submitted application and received notification of approval of application prior to submitting this form.
Steps to Receive Rebate
- Submit and receive approval of Recycling Service Rebate Application.
- Complete this Business Recycling Service Rebate Form and attach supporting documents.
- Return completed form, including attachment 1, along with receipts to:
City of Lincoln Solid Waste Management Attn: Recycling Coordinator 5101 N. 48th Street Lincoln, NE 68504
Or scan all documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or fax all documents to 402-441-6685.
Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to receive rebate or further information regarding your application.
Supporting Documentation Required
- Receipts showing start-up costs
- Receipts showing six months of payment of same recycling service that was pre-approved.
- Recycling service charges must be itemized on bill.
- Recycling service must have started within the past six to eight months.
- Copy of service agreement showing recycling service being agreed to for at least one year.
Rebate recipients’ names may be publicized in conjunction with WRRAP promotions from the City of Lincoln. Total quantity and type of materials recycled will be reported in aggregate from all rebate recipients.
NOTE: Nebraska law permits public access to public records, subject to requirements and restrictions provided in Neb. Rev. Stat. §84-712 to 84-712.09, as amended from time to time. This application and the information provided hereunder shall be accessible under valid public records requests under such laws.