Lincoln Recycles Day 2014 Calendar of Events
Month of November
Saturday, November 8
- Paper Shredding
- When:8:30–10:30 a.m.
- Where:North Star High School, visitor parking lot (5801 N. 33rd St.)
Lincoln High School, senior parking lot (2229 "J" St.)
Lincoln Southwest High School, student parking lot, (7001 S 14th St.)
- Thanks to all who participated in our Document Shredding Drive for Lincoln Recycles Day! We collected 1,472 pounds of documents from 45 vehicles at Lincoln Southwest High School, 1,500 pounds from 27 vehicles at North Star High School, and 2,343 pounds from 44 vehicles at Lincoln High School. A total of 116 vehicles shredded 5,315 pounds of paper at our event! Thanks again to all who participated in this event and helped make it a success.
Friday, November 14
- Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Leadership Awards Breakfast
- When:7:30–9:30 a.m.
- Where:Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center
2021 Transformation Drive
- $15 per person. Please call 402-441-8023 to make a reservation.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- By appointment only. Call 402-441-8021 to schedule.
- A total of 51 people made appointments to drop-off their household hazardous waste on Friday, November 14th. Several thousand pounds of toxic materials were collected at the event.
- Wood Waste Collection
- When:8 a.m.– 5 p.m. (all day during normal business hours)
- Where:Hofeling Enterprises
2200 Folsom Court
- Thanks to those who participated in the Wood Waste Collection for Lincoln Recycles Day! Hofeling Enterprises collected 13 cubic yards of brush from 5 residents. The City of Lincoln Recycling Office appreciates those who helped make this free Wood Waste Collection successful.
- Caught "Green Handed"
- Where:Recycling drop-off sites
- Random visits to selected recycling drop-off sites were made to recognize people recycling household items.
- 2014 "Caught Green Handed" Photos