The Solid Waste Operations division for the City of Lincoln has established a Recycling Container Lending Program. Portable containers, used for the successful recycling efforts during the 2010 Special Olympics National Games, are now available for use at no cost to promote recycling at "green" meetings, conferences, benefits, festivals and other special events.
The containers consist of 4 parts: frames, lids, stakes, and bags.
- Single bag frames are used for plastic bottles and cans.
- Two bag frames are used for plastic bottles & cans and mixed paper.
- Three bag frames are used for plastic bottles & cans, mixed paper & trash.
Base your need for recycling containers on the following:
- one recycling station for every trash can,
- one recycling station for every 200-300 people,
- one recycling station located every 150 feet for an outdoor event,
- the type of event,
- the location,
- the food and drink available,
- the anticipated number of people and
- the number of people available to change bags when they are full.
To use the containers:
- Complete the Recycling Container Lending Agreement
- Submit it to the recycling office
- Notify the office 48 hours notice in advance of the pick up date and time
- Return containers and report the amount of material collected after the event.
- For more information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 441-8215