Grass and Leaf Collection
- From April 1 to Nov. 30 grass and leaves cannot be mixed with other waste or placed in plastic bags for general waste collection.
- Consider mulching grass clippings on your lawn or composting grass and leaves in your backyard.
- You can subscribe to a separate collection with your refuse hauler.
- Grass and leaves may be self-hauled to the N. 48th Street Transfer Station. Materials must be dumped from bags and containers.
- LinGro compost produced from your grass and leaves is available from the City. Call 402-441-8215.
- Tree trimmings, garden waste and weeds may go with regular household garbage. Refuse haulers often request that tree branches be cut to certain lengths and bundled. Call for details.
- How to Make Your Own Compost
- News Articles:
Separation of Yard Waste Begins Last Week in March (3/21/12)