System Definition (1 M)
The System Definition serves as the basis for the development of the Solid Waste Management Plan for Lincoln and Lancaster County (Solid Waste Plan 2040). The System Definition combines information on existing solid waste management programs and program options considered for managing solid waste in the future. It describes programs that move the integrated solid waste management system from current levels of waste diversion and existing disposal practices toward greater resource conservation, waste reduction, waste diversion, and resource recovery efforts.
The System Definition describes program options for:
- Progressively moving toward a more integrated solid waste management system;
- Reducing the community’s dependence on landfilling; and,
- Emphasizing resource conservation, source reduction, waste diversion, and resource recovery.
Needs Assessment (1.11 M)
The purpose of the Needs Assessment is to assist the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County in assessing their existing solid waste management systems, facilities, programs and planning for future needs in Lincoln and Lancaster County. The information and projections presented in this report were prepared to establish a basis for the development of the long-term, comprehensive, integrated solid waste management plan.
The Needs Assessment addresses:
- The volumes and types of waste being generated;
- The existing waste management practices; and
- The anticipated future waste management needs in the Lincoln and Lancaster County
Various solid waste management options and strategies are being evaluated and presented to the Advisory Committee for consideration and discussion. Additional technical papers will be added to this list as presentations to the Advisory Committee are completed.
- Module 1
- Module 2
- Module 3 & 4
- Module 5 & 6
Additional meeting materials, handout information and copies of presentations from Advisory Committee meetings can be found under the Past Meeting Materials heading on the Committee page.