Facts about the 2005 Storm Sewer Bond Issue
- Total Bond Issue:
- $9.95 Million
- Election Date:
- May 3, 2005
- For More Information:
- Watershed Management Division 402-441-7701
What Does This Bond Issue Do?
- Projects being completed for this bond issue include:
- the design and construction of 16 storm drainage and stream stabilization projects
- the design of two additional major storm drainage projects
- preliminary engineering and projects for master planned basins
- engineering and projects for floodplain/floodprone areas
- projects incorporating best management practices
- the second phase of a study for urban drainage system deficiencies to update drainage information and prioritize future projects
Why Are These Projects Important?
- The improvements will:
- help protect neighborhoods and properties from stormwater runoff and flood damage when major rains occur
- improve water quality
- prevent or repair degraded stream channels.
What is the Cost to Taxpayers?
Voter approval of the bond issue gave the City authority to issue general obligation bonds and levy an annual tax to finance the construction of these projects. Based on the current interest rate and 2006 property valuations, this bond issue costs the owner of a $125,000 home about $6.54 per year.