Workforce Development Board
Through participation on the Greater Lincoln Workforce Development Board, leaders from business, economic development, education, organized labor and community organizations provide oversight of employment and training programs in Lancaster and Saunders Counties. The Board is responsible for planning how to use Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) federal funds to positively impact employer and worker prosperity.
Members are appointed by the Mayor of Lincoln with the majority representing the business sector. Members serve three year terms with possible re-appointment. If you'd like to be nominated to the Board, email or call 402-441-7117 for more information. The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Developing the Greater Lincoln Workforce Redevelopment Plan for the use of WIOA funds
- Overseeing the operation of the American Job Center
- Scanning the community for unmet employment and training needs, and convening the appropriate partners to develop solutions
- Fostering the close relationship between education, workforce development, and economic development in maintaining and growing our economy
- May 19, 2015
- Greater Lincoln Workforce Development Board
- Nebraska Educational Telecommunications
- 1800 N. 33rd Street, Lincoln, NE
- 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Call 402-441-7117 or email for further information about either GLWI Board or GL Youth Council meetings.