The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
PUBLIC WORKS AND UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
Engineering Services, 531 Westgate Blvd., Lincoln, NE 68528, 441-7711, fax 441-6576
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:||June 4, 2009|
|FOR MORE INFORMATION:||Erika Nunes, Engineering Services, 441-5675|
Kent Evans, Engineering Services, 441-7583
Open House Set for Street Projects Funded by Stimulus Bill
The public is invited to an open house Thursday, June 18 to discuss City arterial street rehabilitation projects being funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The open house is from 5 to 7 p.m. at the City's Engineering Services Office, 531 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 100.
The following projects will be discussed:
- • Rehabilitation of the Superior Street bridge over Salt Creek
- • Arterial Street Rehabilitation Package A
- 'A' St., 63rd to Imperial;
- Van Dorn St., Normal Blvd. to 70th St.
- • Arterial Street Rehabilitation Package B
- 'Y' St., 18th to 27th streets;
- 'P' St., 17th to 27th streets;
- N.W. 1st St., Highland Blvd. to W. Fletcher Ave.
- • Arterial Street Rehabilitation Package C
- Sheridan Blvd., South to Calvert streets
- • Arterial Street Rehabilitation Package D
- Holdrege St., 19th to 25th streets;
- Cornhusker Hwy, Russell Dr. to 70th St.;
- 70th St., Adams St. to Aylesworth Ave.;
- Vine St., 70th St. to Sierra Dr.;
- Adams St., I-180 to 14th St.
- • Arterial Street Rehabilitation Package E
- 'O' St., 15th to 25th streets, 29th to 44th streets, and Wedgewood Dr. to 84th St.
These projects are currently in the design stage and are tentatively scheduled for construction in 2010 and 2011. The meeting will allow citizens the opportunity to review the proposed projects and environmental findings. Representatives from the City Public Works and Utilities Department will be available to explain the projects. The design teams will seek public input on the proposed projects and will meet with attendees one-on-one to answer questions.
Those needing special accommodations are asked to call Erika Nunes in Engineering Services at 441-5675 at least 48 hours prior to the open house. If you cannot attend the open house and have questions or would like more information, see the City Web site at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: recovery) or contact a project representative:
- For the Superior Street bridge project, contact Erika Nunes at the number above.
- For the arterial street rehabilitation projects, contact Kent Evans, Engineering Services, at 441-7583