The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department has brought together key people from our community to form an advisory group around the topic of vaccinations.
The intention is to have this group discuss, advise, and make recommendations regarding local decisions related to influenza and COVID testing, along with
planning for administering the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available. Participants on the advisory group include physicians, long-term care and aging
services representatives, and Health Department staff.
- The current recommendation from the CDC is that persons 6 months and older receive a flu vaccination.
- The Health Department in collaboration with Bryan Health, CHI Health St. Elizabeth, and the medical community are encouraging arrangements be made to get your Flu vaccination before Halloween.
- By wearing masks, using physical distancing, and routinely washing hands --- we are hoping to see a decrease in flu cases this season.
Vaccines are a selfless act. They protect yourself, your family, and your friends. Vaccines are available through your doctor’s office, at a local pharmacy, or check to see
if your work might be providing flu shots to employees.
The Health Department is also now offering flu vaccinations for anyone in the community 6 months and older. An appointment is required.
Call 402-441-8065 during business hours between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday to schedule your flu shot. Appointments will be available between 8:00 am - 3:30 pm,
Monday thru Friday at the Health Department Clinic, located at 3131 O Street.
In addition, flu vaccinations are being offered at the following times and locations for the general public. The Health Department is highly encouraging people to take advantage of this opportunity
to get vaccinated for the 2020 influenza season.
- Clinic With A Heart - 1701 S 17th Street, Suite 4G - Wednesday, October 28th from 3 pm to 5 pm - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Call 402-441-8065.
- Clinic With A Heart - 1701 S 17th Street, Suite 4G - Monday, November 2nd from 2 pm to 4 pm - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Call 402-441-8065.
- F Street Recreation Center - 1225 F Street - Tuesday, November 3rd, from 9 am to 11 am - No Appointment Necessary.
- Airpark Recreation Center - 3720 NW 46th Street - Tuesday, November 3rd, from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm - No Appointment Necessary.
- Goodrich Middle School - 4600 Lewis Avenue - Wednesday, November 4th, from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm - No Appointment Necessary.