Long Range Planning
2018 Lincoln Downtown Master Plan
Downtown Lincoln is an exciting and vibrant place that has experienced significant change. Over the years, there have been significant public and private investments in new building construction, renovations, and infrastructure. In order to capitalize on these collective investments, further development in the Downtown should be realized and guided by an overall plan.
The 2005 Lincoln Downtown Master Plan and 2012 Update have both served their purposes to guide the evolution of Downtown Lincoln. The City has completed numerous projects as recommended in the previous plans including the 16,000 seat Pinnacle Bank Arena and adjacent West Haymarket development, N Street Protected Bikeway, P Street Primary Retail Streetscape and Lincoln Community Foundation Tower Square. The City is partnering with experts to create a new Downtown Lincoln Master Plan that will guide public and private investments to elevate Downtown Lincoln as the premier urban neighborhood in the region.
Related Documents2005 Lincoln Downtown Master Plan 2012 Update of the Lincoln Downtown Master Plan South Haymarket Neighborhood Plan Lincoln/Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan Lincoln Center Redevelopment Plan Antelope Valley Redevelopment Plan UNL Campus Master Plan
Public Meeting Schedule
- Jan. 31, 2018 - 1:15 p.m.
- Planning Commission Briefing
- County City Building
- Room 113 - 1st Floor
- 555 S 10th St / Lincoln, NE
- Feb. 26, 2018 - 3:30 p.m.
- Project Committee Meeting
- Lazlo's Haymarket
- 210 N 7th St / Lincoln, NE
- Apr. 10, 2018 - 6:00 p.m.
- Community Open House and Global Trends Presentation
- Location TBD
- May 23, 2018 - TBD
- Community Open House
- Time and Location TBD
- The project committee is comprised of a range of stakeholdersrepresenting the Downtown community and Lincoln at large.
- This meeting will include background information about the Downtown Master Plan effort and provide opportunities for public input on a variety of topics. The consultant will present research on Global Trends Affecting Downtowns and discuss implications for Downtown Lincoln.
- Additional opportunities for public input will occur throughout the summer at various downtown events. Details about specific events will be posted to this website as they are available.
Submit your comments on the 2018 Lincoln Downtown Master Plan.
If you have questions about the 2018 Lincoln Downtown Master Plan, please email Paul Barnes, Long Range Planning Manager.