About the Finance Department
The Finance Department is composed of six divisions: Accounting, Administration, Budget, City Clerk, City Treasurer, Information Services and Purchasing. We strive to provide services to internal customers through support of both the City and County for information technology and purchasing. In addition, we seek to provide consistent, reliable and timely information in regards to City finances.
The Mission of the Finance Department
The mission of the Finance Department is primarily as a service provider to other departments within a City and County government and to citizens. We seek to support and enhance the effective and efficient operation of City/County government, maintain the City's fiscal integrity, preserve the City's bond rating, and provide consistent, reliable and timely information to the Mayor, City Council and the general public.
Finance Department Functions
- Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Debt Management and Policy Development
- Budget Development and Analysis, Forecast, and Grant Writing
- Process Licenses, Publicize Information and Process Documents
- Information Technology Solution, Customer Service, Network Stability and Help Desk
- Attain Goods and Services, Process Purchases and Audit Contracts
- Cash Management, Investment Management and Revenue Collection