- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and family.
- Operations Firefighters work approximately ten, 24-hour shifts per month.
- City of Lincoln pension plan.
- Tax deferred compensation and Roth accounts available.
- Vacation leave.
- Sick Leave (approximately 144 hours per year, with unlimited accrual).
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program counseling.
- Paid military leave (180 hours).
- Other leaves include emergency, funeral, maternity leave, jury duty, family and medical.
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program $1200 per year.
- IAFF Local 644 union membership available.
- Employee Discounts (gym membership, cellphone service, and more).
- Firefighter/Paramedic: $48,856 - $78,300
- Fire Apparatus Operator: $67,290 - $75,636
- Fire Captain: $75,910 - $88,705
- Pay Scale
This page last updated: 12/01/17