Welcome to the Environmental Public Health Division
Environmental Public Health works to ensure all people in Lincoln and Lancaster County are living, working, learning and playing in safe and healthy environments.
Environmental Public Health Division’s Mission is to protect human health by:
- Assuring healthy environments.
- Preventing illness and disease.
- Safeguarding the natural environment upon which life depends.
Environmental Public Health Staff Work To:
- Change behavior (inspire, train, educate).
- Help provide technical assistance, health consultation and manage risk.
- Issue permits to construct, operate or work.
- Inspect to assure regulatory compliance.
- Investigate disease outbreaks.
- Involve those that are regulated.
- Enforce the laws and regulations.