Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) Event Information
Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) collection events assist eligible businesses by providing disposal or recycling of hazardous waste at reduced prices. Smaller businesses such as non-profits, churches, childcare centers, and home occupations may be unable to find disposal companies to manage their hazardous waste because of low volumes generated or may find that costs are prohibitive. Lancaster County has partnered with a federally licensed contractor to provide periodic collection of acceptable hazardous waste at volume pricing. Your participation is completely voluntary. If you are a business in Lancaster County and want to participate is this voluntary program contact Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department at 402-441-8002.
Businesses that generate less than 27 gallons or 220 pounds of hazardous waste and less than 2.2 pounds of acutely hazardous chemicals per month may qualify for this program. The most common types of small businesses that qualify are painters, print shops, auto shops, builders, local government agencies, and small medical offices.
This is an excellent opportunity for small businesses to properly and economically dispose or recycle hazardous waste. Some compelling reasons to participate are:
- Reduced Costs – Only a fraction of the cost you would pay through directly contracted services.
- Reduced Paperwork - Exemption from hazardous waste manifests and document fees.
- Reduced Liability – The federally licensed contractor assumes generator status of the hazardous waste and maintains all permits and approvals required.
- Fewer Permits – Materials disposed of through this program would not require special waste permitting.
- Convenient Schedule – An appointment time will be arranged with you. Drop off of waste is during the twice annual, one day event at a designated location.
Wastes that are accepted are:
Aerosols, corrosives, pesticides, flammable solids or liquids, adhesives, asbestos, mercury, poisons, paint, solvents, cylinders, oxidizers, photo fluids, PCB ballasts and mineral spirits.
Please Note: Radioactive materials, Explosives, and Biohazards/Infectious wastes are NOT accepted.
If you are a business in Lancaster County and want to participate is this voluntary program contact Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department at 402-441-8002. Also, please print and fill outand please fill out, sign and send the CESQG Waste Form to either our email: email@example.com or fax number: 402-441-3890 upon completion.