Health Promotion, Data & Evaluation Overview
The Health Promotion, Data and Evaluation Division is committed to enriching the lives of all people so that individuals have the knowledge and support they need to assume responsibility for their own health. Our team is responsible for promoting the practice of healthy behaviors, investigating reportable communicable disease cases, promoting immunization to prevent disease outbreaks, monitoring health status indicators and conditions in the community, and planning and preparing for potential public health emergencies.
Our public health educators promote healthy behaviors by providing educational information and referral services on:
- healthy eating choices
- moving more - even moderate exercise
- stopping or not starting tobacco use
- safe walking and bicycling in your neighborhood and community
- creating healthier employees
- car seat check events for safe transportation of children
Our communicable disease staff:
- Receive reports from labs, hospitals and health care providers on communicable diseases
- Investigate individual cases, clusters and outbreaks of communicable disease in the community
- Work with other divisions, local providers and the state to put in place measures to control the spread of communicable disease
- Utilize both active and passive surveillance to detect communicable diseases early
- Promote immunizations for vaccine preventable diseases
Our epidemiology team:
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates health data, including geospatial data
- Assesses the health and resource needs of the community
Our emergency response coordinator:
- Plans and prepares for the most likely public health emergencies
- Communicates, coordinates, trains and exercises with our community partners
- Manages grants for building capabilities to respond to disasters and emergency events
In addition, all our trained staff work with schools, community groups, other City/County Departments, hospitals, and businesses/organizations within Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Please visit our program pages for additional information.