56th and Yankee Hill Road, Lincoln Safety Improvement Project
Intent of Project
The purpose of this project is to mitigate crashes and improve traffic operations at 56th and Yankee Hill Road. Based on the traffic study and analysis completed, the preferred alternative is to construct a roundabout at this intersection.
Proposed Project Design (6.45 M)
This project would be constructed under a full closure and would utilize a detour for traffic on South 56th Street and Yankee Hill Road. The Yankee Hill Road detour would use South 40th Street, Pine Lake Road and South 70th Street. The 56th Street detour would use Saltillo Road, South 70th Street and Pine Lake Road. Access to adjacent properties would be maintained during construction but may be limited at time due to phasing requirements.
Proposed Detour Map (402 K)
- Project Area
Right of Way
The project would require the acquisition of additional property rights which could include new right-of-way (ROW), temporary easements (TE), and permanent easements (PE) throughout the project area.
- Project Design Open House – September 11, 2018
- 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- St. Michaels’s School, 9101 S 78th Street
- Notice of Public Open House
- Meeting Invitation (1.12 M)
- Open House Handout (714 K)
- Public Comment Period – August 26 - September 26, 2018
- The public is encouraged to make suggestions or express concerns regarding the proposed project. Written comments or questions should be submitted to the project contact below.
Erin Sokolik, Project Engineer
City of Lincoln, Public Works
949 West Bond, Suite 200
Lincoln NE 68521