Holdrege from 47th to 70th Street Rehabilitation Project
Purpose and Need
The purpose of this project is to preserve the transportation asset, improve the reliability of Lincoln’s transportation system, and ensure the mobility of the traveling public. The need for this project is based on the condition of the existing pavement.
Scope of Work
This project will rehabilitate the pavement along Holdrege Street from 47th to 70th streets, not including the intersections of 56th Street or Cotner Blvd.
The improvements will:
Improve roadway conditions, as necessitated by the current pavement age and condition;
Widen Holdrege Street between 67th and 70th streets by one foot, per Nebraska Board of Public Roads Classifications and Standards; and
Bring the project area’s curb ramps into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Project Area Map and Detours
- Project Work Area
- 48th to 56th Phase Detour
- 56th to Cotner Phase Detour
- Cotner to 70th Phase Detour
Preliminary Plan Not Final – Subject to Change
Pavement Rehabilitation Plan
The project will be completed in segments, starting at 47th Street and progressing to 70th Street. The work from 47th to 50th streets and 50th to 56th streets may be completed concurrently.
|Location||Type of Work||Anticipated Traffic Impact|
|47th to 50th||
|50th to 56th||
|56th to Cotner||
|Cotner to 70th||
Access During Construction
- Access to area businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Properties with multiple entrances will have one entrance open at all times unless otherwise agreed to with the property owner.
- Message signs will be used for advance notification of all closures, including those at minor intersections. No full closures of key intersections along Holdrege (48th, 56th, Cotner, or 70th) are anticipated.
- City of Lincoln Bus Route 42 will be detoured, as necessary, with detour information available at startran.lincoln.ne.gov/routemap/detour.htm, in the StarTran - BUSLNK Mobile App, and through notifications on buses.
Construction began June 22, 2020 with lane closures on Holdrege Street. A full closure of Holdrege Street is scheduled to begin July 6, 2020. The overall project is anticipated to be completed in the fall.
The detours required during the construction between 56th Street to Cotner Blvd. and then Cotner Blvd. to 70th Street are expected to last no more than a total of 135 working days.
Acquisition of right-of-way is not anticipated for this project.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln’s East Campus, a city trail, and Ecco Park are located within the vicinity of the project; no impacts are anticipated.
Brent Ciecior, Project Manager
JEO Consulting Group
Ozzy Martinez, Project Contractor