Christmas Tree Recycling
The City will provide Christmas tree drop-off sites from Christmas Day through Monday, January 21 at these locations:
- At the site, remove plastic bags and put them in nearby trash cans.
- Make sure all decorations, wires, nails and tree stands are removed.
- Ballard Park
- 3901 N. 66th Street
- Oak Lake Park
- South of Cornhusker Hwy. 3 blocks on 1st Street
- Seng Park at University Place
- 50th & Garland
- Holmes Lake Park
- parking lot west of north softball field
- Tierra Park
- 29th & Tierra Drive
- Woods Park
- 31st and 'J' Street, SE corner of lot
Boy Scout Troop 8 is offering to pick up trees and transport them to a City drop-off site. Pick up dates are December 29, 30 and January 1, 5, 6 and 12, offered in these zip code areas: 68502 through 68508, 68510, 68512, 68516, 68521, 68522 and 68526. Trees should be placed at the curb by 9 a.m. for pickup. The service is free, but donations are appreciated. To schedule a pickup, contact Troop 8 at scouting4trees.org or 402-965-1458.