Bin Buddies – we help you recycle right.
Are you an advocate of the environment? Do you want to be more knowledgeable about recycling in Lincoln and Lancaster County? Would you like to help others recycle better? Join the Bin Buddies recycling assistance team!
By volunteering for our Bin Buddies team, you will help increase the safety of our citizens at the residential consumer recyclables collection sites, educate others on what can and can’t be recycled and reduce littered recyclables that end up on ground at residential collection sites.
Recycling doesn’t have to be complicated and our team at the City of Lincoln Solid Waste Management Division needs your help to ensure everyone knows how to recycle right in our community! Recycling right is extremely important to ensure our products have the opportunity to be made into something new. Placing nonrecyclable items such as food scraps, plastic bags, textiles and more, is called contamination. Too much contamination disrupts the entire recycling process and makes it harder for the recycling processor to sort through all of the recycling received by the company. Make sure our community recycles right by volunteer today!
- Be willing to learn;
- Be willing to talk to community members what is and isn’t recyclable;
- Have a positive attitude;
- Care about recycling and the environment;
- Be available for two or more hours at one of our residential recycle sites;
- Be willing assist if a community member needs help breaking down their cardboard.
- Information on what is/isn’t accepted at recycling drop-off sites.
- Q&A tool kit about the recycling process.
- Tools to break down cardboard.
- Use of safety equipment (safety vest, gloves).
- “I’m a Bin Buddy Volunteer” sticker/button/pin.
- Knowledge that you are helping to give a product a new life.
Please complete all fields.