Who is eligible?
Any Lancaster County business or non-profit organization that requests assistance in establishing a recycling or composting program and/or completes the application to receive the rebate through the WRRAP is eligible.
What type of assistance is available?
- An on-site visit to review your current waste management system and suggestions for enhancing an existing recycling or composting program or beginning a new recycling or composting program.
- We can help you brainstorm solutions to barriers or challenges.
- We are available to help with program implementation and education of your staff, customers or renters.
How can we use the rebate?
A rebate is available for 50% of the start-up and first six months of collection services, not to exceed $750, for the following costs:
- Purchase of recycling containers
- Retrofitting janitorial carts
- Capital improvements such as pouring a concrete pad to place recycling containers
- Waste composition assessment by a 3rd party
- Development of educational materials
- Monthly costs for recycling or compostable material collection
Will we be recognized for our recycling efforts?
Yes, a “Recycle Lincoln” recognition program has been established. There are four different levels of recycling recognition that organizations can earn. There are “Bronze,” “Silver,” “Gold,” and “Zero Waste” Levels.
How do we apply?
- Review the Business Recycling Service Rebate Application.
- Identify recycling and/or composting services you are expanding or hope to begin new.
- Contact the Solid Waste Management Division at 402-326-7431 to confirm eligibility and finalize application.