- May 14, 2009
- For More Information Contact:
- Bill Kostner, Risk Manager, 441-6009
- Bob Nemecek, Safety and Training Coordinator, 441-6010
CITY RECEIVES TWO AWARDS FOR WORKPLACE SAFETY
The City of Lincoln recently received two awards in recognition of its outstanding workplace safety program:
- The City received an "Award of Honor with Distinction" from the National Safety Council, Greater Omaha
Chapter May 13. The award was presented for outstanding occupational health program results and achievement for
11 consecutive years. The presentation was made at the Safety Council's Safety and Health Summit in Omaha.
- The City received a 2008 Star Performance Award at the Nebraska Safety Council Conference and Exposition in
Lincoln April 15. The award was presented in recognition of the City's outstanding record in the areas of injury
prevention and safety policies and practices.
"For those who work for the City, the entire community is the work area, and maintaining a safe workplace is a
challenge," said Bob Nemecek, City Safety and Training Coordinator. "The City strives to maintain a safe work
environment for all its employees and for the entire City. Employee awareness of safety is still the first line of
defense, and education and training are essential."