City of Lincoln
2015 Media Releases
- August 21, 2015
- For More Information Contact:
- Ty Barger, Engineering Services, 402-441-8422
Road Improvement Projects Continue
As the "Summer of Progress" continues, construction will begin or continue in the next few days on four City road improvement projects:
- N.W. 27th Street from "O" to Vine streets is set to close Saturday, August 22 for road and ditch maintenance work. Access to adjacent properties will be maintained, and any access restrictions will be coordinated with the property owner. The project involves shaping and surfacing the entire roadway and adjacent ditches, and is expected to be completed by Sunday, August 23.
- Work on Fletcher Avenue from N.W. 12th to N.W. 1st streets will cause lane closures beginning Monday, August 24. The project involves grinding and replacement of damaged asphalt in the eastbound, outside lane. Work is expected to be completed by Friday, August 28.
- Work on S. 14th Street from Cushman Drive to Old Cheney Road will cause lane closures beginning Monday, August 24. The project involves grinding and replacement of damaged asphalt in the southbound, inside lane. Repair work is expected to be completed by August 28.
The Fletcher Avenue and S. 14th Street projects are a continuation of last week's efforts, which were delayed by rain.
- Paving repairs on Old Cheney Road from Warlick Blvd. to 40th street will cause daytime lane closures from Tuesday, August 25 through Thursday, August 27.
For more information on the projects, contact Ty Barger, City Public Works and Utilities Department, at 402-441-8422 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on City construction projects is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: projects).