City of Lincoln
2015 Media Releases
- December 9, 2015
- For More Information Contact:
- Steve Crisler, Lincoln Wastewater System, 402-441-7966
Lincoln Wastewater Garners Awards at Conference
Lincoln Wastewater System (LWWS) received three awards at the recent 2015 Nebraska Water Environment annual conference.
- The Theresa Street Wastewater Treatment Facility received the Scott Wilber Award for outstanding operation and maintenance in the large advanced municipal facility category.
- The Northeast Wastewater Treatment Facility received the same award in the medium advanced facility category.
- Brad Barber, LWWS Assistant Superintendent of Operations for Water Pollution Control, was presented the William D. Hatfield Award for outstanding performance and professionalism. The award was established in honor of the Superintendent of the Decatur, Illinois Sanitary District, who was President of the Central States Sewage Works Association and of the Water Environment Federation from 1958-59.
"Brad has been a leader in the field of water pollution control for many years," said Steve Crisler, LWWS Superintendent of WPC Facilities. "I cannot think of a more deserving person in our industry than Brad Barber."
More information on LWWS is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: wastewater).