City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- October 28, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Aging Partners Event Schedule Oct. 31 Through Nov. 6
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from October 31 through November 6:
Monday, October 31
- Contemporary Yoga, Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd. - 9 a.m.
- Tai Chi (Continuing 24 Form), Cotner Center Condominium - 10:30 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Savannah Pines, 3900 Pine Lake Road - 2 p.m.
- Halloween Spook-a-polooza, Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave. - 9:30 a.m.
- Halloween party, Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St. - 10 a.m.
- Halloween party, Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St. - 11 a.m.
- Halloween party, Firth Senior Center, 311 Nemaha St. - 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, November 1
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Madonna ProActive, 7111 Stephanie Lane - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Belmont Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St. (located in American Legion Hall) - 1 p.m.
Wednesday, November 2
- Blood pressure screenings by Homestead Rehabilitation Center nurses, Northeast Senior Center - 9 a.m.
- Vermeer House Senior Health Promotion Center UNMC Health Clinic, 4000 S. 84th St. - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Blood pressure screenings by Bryan College nursing students, Lake Street Senior Center - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St. - 10:30 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Center, 2032 "U" St. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, November 3
- "Moving with Music" entry level dance class, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- Downtown Senior Health Promotion Center Health Clinic, 1005 "O" St. - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- "Surfing the Internet" introductory class, Northeast Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
Friday, November 4
- Traditional Tai Chi (24 Form), Auld Recreation Center, 1650 Memorial Drive - 9 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Eastmont Towers, 6315 "O" St. - 2 p.m.
Sunday, November 6
- UNL Pepsi Scholars Annual Senior Prom, UNL East Campus Student Union (Great Plains Room), 1705 Arbor Drive - 2 to 4 p.m.
For more information, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News).