City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- January 8, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Health and Fitness, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Health and Fitness Classes
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners Health and Fitness classes beginning in January at the following locations:
- Chair Tai Chi - ongoing, Tuesdays, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center, 233 S. 10th St.
- Tai Chi-Moving for Better Balance - begins Jan. 16, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., "F" Street Recreation Center, 1225 "F" St.; and Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m., Gateway Vista, 225 N. 56th St.
- Tai Chi-Continuing 24 Form - begins Jan. 22 (no class Feb. 19), Mondays, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
- Chair Rockin' - begins Jan. 16, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to noon, Auld Recreation Center, 1650 Memorial Dr. This chair dance exercise/aerobic activity burns calories, works the heart and is appropriate for almost any level of fitness
- Refresh and Recharge - begins Jan. 16, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Auld Recreation Center. This body conditioning class strengthens muscles, eases joint pain, improves balance and increases energy.
- Dynamic Movement - begins Jan. 18, Thursdays, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., St. Mark's United Methodist Church, 8550 Pioneers Blvd; begins Jan. 22, Mondays, 2 to 3 p.m., Cotner Center Condominium. This class focuses on stretching, breathing, dance steps and synchronized movements that isolate muscle groups, enhance flexibility, increase heart rate and improve strength.
- Chair Yoga - begins Jan. 19, Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon, East Lincoln Christian Church, 7001 Edenton Road.
- Contemporary Yoga - begins Jan. 22 (no class Feb. 19), Mondays, 9 to 10 a.m., Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
- Contemporary Yoga II - begins Jan. 22 (no class Feb. 19), Mondays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Cotner Center Condominium.
For most classes, there is a $4 suggested contribution for those age 60 and over and a $5 fee for those under age 60. Registration is required by calling 402-441-7575. Participants can attend as many classes as they want and are encouraged to attend as many as possible. For more information on Aging Partners Health and Fitness programs, visit aging.lincoln.ne.gov.