City of Lincoln
2019 Media Releases
- January 10, 2019
- Media Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Health and Fitness, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Health and Fitness Classes Begin Soon
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners Health and Fitness classes beginning in late January. For those age 60 and over, a $4 contribution is suggested for most classes. For those under age 60, the fee is $5 per class. Participants can attend as many classes as they want, and are encouraged to attend as many as possible. Registration is required by calling 402-441-7575.
More information is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov.
The classes, schedules and locations are as follows:
- Chair Tai Chi
- Ongoing, Tuesdays, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 "M" St.
- Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance
- Begins Jan. 24 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays and Thursdays, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Eastridge Presbyterian Church, 1135 Eastridge Drive
- Begins Feb. 5, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at "F" Street Recreation Center, 1225 "F" St.
- Tai Chi - Continuing 24 Form
- Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
- Qigong Refresh and Recharge
- This activity focuses on slow, gentle movements to help relieve aching muscles and stiff joints, improve balance and flexibility, and increase energy.
- Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 10 to 11 a.m. at Cotner Center Condominium
- Begins Feb. 7, Thursdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Auld Pavilion, 1650 Memorial Drive
- Chair Yoga
- Begins Feb. 1, Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon at East Lincoln Christian Church, 7001 Edenton Road
- Begins Feb. 6, Wednesdays, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Eastridge Presbyterian Church
- Beginners 8-Form Tai Chi for Better Balance and Fall Prevention Class
- This activity is designed to improve posture, enhance balance and build strength. Begins Feb. 5, Tuesdays, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., Auld Pavilion
- Fit and Strong Class
- Participants will learn the benefits of physical activity, how to manage arthritis, how to exercise safely and how to develop and maintain a healthier, more active lifestyle without pain. Begins Feb. 1 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays and Fridays, 10:30 a.m. to noon, "F" Street Recreation Center
- Dynamic Movement
- Classes focus on balance, strength and flexibility through a unique combination of dance steps done to popular oldies music.
- Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 2 to 3 p.m. at Cotner Center Condominium
- Begins Feb 5, Tuesdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Auld Pavilion
- Begins Feb. 7, Thursdays, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at St. Mark's United Methodist Church, 8550 Pioneers Blvd.