City of Lincoln
2019 Media Releases
- January 18, 2019
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in Aging Partners Events January 21 Through 27
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from January 21 through January 27:
Monday, January 21
AGING PARTNERS OFFICES AND SENIOR CENTERS ARE CLOSED FOR THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. HOLIDAY
Tuesday, January 22
- Learn to speak Spanish class, Downtown Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Chair Tai Chi, St. Paul United Methodist Church - 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
Wednesday, January 23
- Senior Walking Warriors, Hickman Senior Center - 9 to 9:30 a.m.
- Senior Health Promotion UNMC Health Clinic, Vermeer Education Center - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Book Buddies, Downtown Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Musical performance by Just Patty, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Wellness Wednesdays exercise class, Hickman Senior Center - 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- Blood pressure clinic by Haven Manor, Hickman Senior Center - 11 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-Point Pitch and Bridge, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Movement with Mitzi class: Standing Tall, Auld Pavilion - 1 to 1:45 p.m.
Thursday, January 24
- Senior Health Promotion UNMC Health Clinic, Downtown Senior Center - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Writer's workshop, Northeast Senior Center - 10 to 11 a.m.
- Blood pressure screenings by Angels Care Home Health nurses, Downtown Senior Center - 11 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center - 1 p.m.
- Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance, Eastridge Presbyterian Church - 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Friday, January 25
- Musical performance by One Moore Time, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- 10-point Pitch, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Senior Center Meal Schedule (reservations required two working days in advance):
- Belmont Senior Center (402-441-7990): Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Bennet Senior Center (402-416-7693): Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Downtown Senior Center (402-441-7154): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Firth Senior Center (402-416-7693): Mondays at 11:30 a.m.
- Hickman Senior Center (402-416-7693): Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center (402-441-7849): Wednesdays and Fridays at noon
- Lake Street Senior Center (402-441-7157): Monday - Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Northeast Senior Center (402-441-7151): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Waverly Senior Center (402-416-7693): Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Asian Senior Center, 144 N. 44th St.
- Auld Pavilion, 1650 Memorial Drive
- Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St.
- Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St.
- Firth Senior Center, 311 Nemaha St.
- Hickman Senior Center, 115 Locust St.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center, 2032 "U" St.
- Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave.
- St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 "M" St.
- Vermeer Education Center, 4000 S. 84th St.
- Waverly Senior Center, 14410 Folkestone St.
For information on classes or to register, call 402-441-7575. Roundtrip transportation is available for senior center meals and activities in Lincoln only by calling the centers directly (phone numbers listed in meal schedule). For more information on senior center events and activities, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News) or call 402-441-7158.