City of Lincoln
2019 Media Releases
- February 20, 2019
- For More Information Contact:
- Garren Hochstetler, Librarian, 402-441-8546
Read to a Dog Spring Session Begins March 5
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The spring session runs from March 5 through the week of April 14. Preregistration is required except where noted. To register, contact the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 to 5 p.m. Sundays. This is a drop-in session to read to Pearl or Harry, and no registration is required.
- Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S 14th Street, 4 to 5 p.m. Thursdays. This is a drop-in session to read to Pax, and no registration is required.
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Daisy.
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, features dog sessions from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call Mimi at 402-217-9019 to register for Hugh. Cat sessions are 7 to 7:50 p.m. Tuesdays. Email Allison at email@example.com to register to read to Rainy.
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Nanook.
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 10 to 11 a.m. Saturdays. Email Angela at email@example.com to register to read to Mojo.
For information about Lincoln City Libraries and it services, visit lincolnlibraries.org.