City of Lincoln
2019 Media Releases
- May 16, 2019
- For More Information Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Aging Partners, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Offers Free "Feeling Fit" Classes
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners' "Feeling Fit" classes as part of the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series. Classes are from noon to 12:45 p.m. Fridays from June 7 through September 27 at the Jayne Snyder Trails Center, 21st and "Q" streets.
The Move More Lincoln Wellness Series is designed to help individuals stay active, flexible and balanced. It is sponsored by the Community Health Endowment of Lincoln and Lincoln Parks and Recreation. All classes are free and open to the public, and no preregistration is required. Nine different types of classes are offered:
- June 7 - Dynamic Movement involves stretching, breathing and a unique combination of exercises and dance steps done to oldies music. These activities will isolate muscle groups, enhance flexibility, increase heart rate and improve strength.
- June 14 - Balls and Bands/Stretch and Strength is a fun class that uses balls and Dyna-bands® to improve strength and flexibility and tone muscles.
- June 21 - Movement and Music explores elements of dance in a no-pressure, social environment at a comfortable pace.
- June 28 - Contemporary Movement involves Yoga-based movements that can be done from a chair, on the floor or both. Bring your Yoga mat.
- July 5 - Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance is a fall prevention program using principles and movements of Tai Chi.
- July 12 - Qigong movements work with the body, breath, mind and subtle energies to attain health, vitality and longevity.
- July 19 - Movement and Music
- July 26 - Movement with Mitzi involves low-impact exercises done while seated and standing near a chair and incorporates oldies and modern music to create an invigorating workout.
- August 2 - Dynamic Movement
- August 9 - Balls and Bands/Stretch and Strength
- August 16 - Movement and Music
- August 23 - Contemporary Movement
- August 30 - Line Dance participants will follow an instructor who leads a sequence of steps done in a line or circle to country, oldies and contemporary music.
- September 6 - Sit and Be Fit incorporates oldies music blended with seated stretches, breathing techniques, cardio and strengthening movements to produce a fun and invigorating workout.
- September 13 - Movement with Mitzi
- September 20 - Movement and Music
- September 27 - Line Dance
More information about Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov. More information about the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series can be found at chelincoln.org (select Move More Lincoln in the "News, Events & Resources" tab).