Thank You for Voting!We are excited to congratulate the New Americans Task Force CareerLadder Project as being selected as Google.org Impact Challenge Nebraska People’s Choice winner and will receive an additional $125,000 in funding to connect skilled immigrants and refugees to career pathways, digital resources, and a professional network while fostering economic opportunity and restoring dignity through work.
CareerLadder connects skilled immigrants and refugees to career pathways, digital resources, and a professional network while fostering economic opportunity and restoring dignity through work.
CareerLadder tools include:
- Pathway guides in the fields of engineering, law, nursing, accounting, and education providing step-by-step instructions for how skilled immigrants and refugees can pursue re-entering their former careers in Nebraska
- Digital skills training including resume development, email etiquette, internet safety, Google G-Suite tools training, and more
- A leadership development program for immigrants and refugees that fosters civic engagement, empowers participants to engage with local institutions, and develops greater social capital
- A short-term, accelerated mentorship program that connects skilled immigrant professionals with established professionals in their field for networking and connections
The tools developed by CareerLadder are applicable statewide and will be shared by partner agencies with communities across Nebraska.
- New Americans Task Force Examines Life of Immigrants and Refugees in Lincoln
- Survey of Lincoln immigrant population shows opportunities and setbacks
- New Survey Gathers Feedback From Immigrants and Refugees in Lincoln
- Lincoln Selected for Skilled Immigrant and Refugee Initiative
- Lincoln chosen for jobs initiative for skilled immigrants