Boards & Commissions
Planning Commission Agenda
The Lincoln City/Lancaster County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. in Hearing Room 112 on the first floor of the County-City Building, 555 South 10th Street, Lincoln Nebraska, on the following items. For more information, call the Planning Department, (402) 441-7491. This hearing is broadcast live and is rebroadcast on Sundays at 1:00 p.m. on 5 City-TV, Cable Channel 5.
The Lincoln City/Lancaster County Planning Commission will meet on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, immediately following their regular meeting, in Room 113 of the County-City Building, 555 South 10th Street, Lincoln Nebraska, for a brief discussion on the "reFORM Proposals", followed by Planning staff briefings on "Zoning Regulations on Alcohol Sales" and "Lincoln Theater Policy".
**Please Note:** The Planning Commission action is final action on any item with a notation of "FINAL ACTION". Any aggrieved person may appeal Final Action of the Planning Commission to the City Council or County Board by filing a Notice of Appeal with the City Clerk or County Clerk within 14 days following the action of the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission action on all other items is a recommendation to the City Council or County Board.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2014
Approval of minutes of the regular meeting held January 22, 2014. ** APPROVED, 8-0 (Hove abstained) **
1. REQUESTS FOR DEFERRAL
- (See item 3.2 below)
2. PUBLIC HEARING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION
- Comprehensive Plan Conformance No. 14001, to review the proposed declaration of surplus property as to conformance with the 2040 Lincoln-Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan, generally located at Sun Valley Boulevard and Line Drive.
- Staff recommendation: Conformance with the Comprehensive Plan
- Staff Planner: Brandon Garrett, 402-441-6373, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Had public hearing. Planning Commission recommendation: A FINDING OF CONFORMANCE WITH THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, 9-0. Public Hearing before City Council tentatively scheduled for Monday, March 3, 2014, 3:00 p.m.
3. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION
- Use Permit No. 149A, an amendment to reconfigure the building and parking layout south of Jamie Lane, west of South 27th Street, including a request to reduce the side and rear yard setbacks to allow a 400 sq. ft. increase of commercial floor area, on property generally located at South 27th Street and Jamie Lane.
- Staff recommendation: Conditional Approval
- Staff Planner: Christy Eichorn, 402-441-7603, email@example.com
- Had public hearing. Planning Commission recommendation: CONDITIONAL APPROVAL, as revised by staff memo dated February 5, 2014, 9-0. Public Hearing before City Council tentatively scheduled for Monday, March 3, 2014, 3:00 p.m.
- Special Permit No. 985A, an amendment to the Kess Kove Community Unit Plan, to add one lot for one additional residential dwelling unit, with a waiver to grading and paving in South 60th Street, on property generally located at South 60th Street and Kess Drive. *** FINAL ACTION ***
- Staff recommendation: Conditional Approval
- Staff Planner: Brian Will, 402-441-6362, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant's request for two-week deferral granted, with CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING AND ACTION scheduled for Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 1:00 p.m.
* * * AT THIS TIME, ANYONE WISHING TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA, MAY DO SO * * *
Change of Zone
- Change of Zone No. 13015, from AGR Agricultural District to R-1 Residential District, on property generally located at Frontier Road and Highway 2 (6061 and 6101 Frontier Road).
- (10-16-13: Planning Commission voted 8-0 to continue public hearing on April 16, 2014, at the applicant's request)
Street & Alley Vacation
- Street & Alley Vacation No. 06007, to vacate Pine Ridge Lane west of the west line of Westshore Drive, at approximately Highway 2 and Ashbrook Drive.
- (01-22-14: Planning Commission voted 8-0 to continue public hearing on February 19, 2014, at the applicant's request.)
Planning Department Staff Contacts
|Stephen Henrichsen, Development Review Manager||(402) email@example.com|
|David Cary, Long Range Planning Manager||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paul Barnes, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Michael Brienzo, Transportation Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tom Cajka, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Christy Eichorn, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brandon Garrett, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Stacey Groshong Hageman, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sara Hartzell, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|David Pesnichak, Transportation Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian Will, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|