Information Technology Services / GIS
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
In an effort to provide useful and timely information to internal customers, citizens, and members of the general public, the ITS Division offers several static base maps and data files via the City and County Map Shop. The static maps are continually updated to show the most current and best available information. The maps on the Map Shop can be downloaded for display or printing purposes, or you may request a copy be printed for you by ITS staff (prices are available in the GIS Map Price List) on one of our large format plotters. Along with the printable base maps, users can also download several GIS data files provided by multiple City Departments and County Agencies. The data files typically require specialized GIS or CAD software in order to be viewed (ie. ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.).
GIS Web Mapping Applications
The ITS Division has also actively participated in the development of a suite of Web Mapping Applications that provide a wealth of information to City and County staff, customers, and citizens in general via the internet. These applications have been developed with assistance and cooperation from several City Departments and County Agencies and modeled after the City and County's main GIS Viewer. Each of the mapping applications should offer a familiar look and feel to better enable users to easily find the information they are looking for. Be sure to utilize the 'Tips' or 'Help' section available in the Splash window that appears at startup, or accessed by clicking the
button in the upper right hand corner of each application.
- The GIS Viewer is the base web mapping application for the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County. The GIS Viewer allows users to search for property related information by owner, address, or parcel id number. A user may also click on a desired property to view the information.
- The Development Viewer provides a wealth of special permit, use permit, zoning agreement, annexation agreement, floodplain, special district and zoning information with links to filed documents when applicable. The information is all readily available in this web-based GIS application and should prove to be a valuable resource to appraisers, developers and their professional consultants, lenders, realtors, business owners, neighbors, multiple government entities, and citizens in general.
- The new Development Viewer provides access to information related to endangered species, soils, vegetative cover, wetlands, hydrology characteristics, floodplain, and special characteristics specific to Wilderness Park. Links to additional information are also available on identified records where applicable.
- The Historic Preservation site provides a virtual tour of the Historic Landmarks and Districts of Lincoln and Lancaster County. Within the site, users will find descriptions and details related to the historical significance of a given historical site and/or district. Within the application users will also be able to access current and historic photographs of the sites and districts.
Homeowner / Neighborhood Association
- The Homeowner/Neighborhood Association site provides users with a quick and easy way to find and view information related to Homeowners Associations and Neighborhood Associations within the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County. A search by Association name or map interaction will return a list of contacts by Association. The list only includes those Associations registered with the City Urban Development Department or the City/County Planning Department. City/County staff relies on notification by the Associations to keep the information accurate and up to date.