Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization
Thursday, February 28, 2013
County/City Building, Mayor's Conference Room
Roll call and acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the September 27, 2012 Officials Committee meeting
- Election of committee officers. According to the Bylaws, Committee officers consist of a Chairman and Vice-Chairman that are elected annually from the members of the committee.
- Review and action on revisions to the FY 2013-2016 Transportation Improvement Program.
- Lancaster County: SW 12th Street & Old Cheney Road Safety project.
- City of Lincoln: North 10th Street & Military Bridge Rehabilitation project.
- City of Lincoln: Roadway and Bridge Rehabilitation funding revision.
- Briefing on the Lincoln MPO request to allow "Biennial MPO Programs" or a two year program update cycle to match the local budgeting cycle. According to federal regulations, the development of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) on a two-year cycle is allowed.
- Review and action on the Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization's Project Prioritization and Selection Process for the purpose of coordinating priorities and programming projects in the annual update of the Transportation Improvement Program. Recommended by the MPO Technical Committee.
- Review and action on the Lincoln MPO Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) and program of projects. TAP is a new program identified in Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21) which took effect on October 1, 2012. This program provides funding for programs and projects defined as transportation alternatives, including pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for improving non-driver access to public transportation and enhanced mobility, recreational trails projects, and safe routes to school projects. A program of projects for the Lincoln Planning Area has been developed by the TAP Committee in coordination with NDOR and is recommended by the MPO Technical Committee with the program of projects to be included in the FY 2013-2016 Transportation Improvement Program.
- Review and action on the Memorandum of Agreement between the Lincoln MPO and Nebraska Department of Roads.
- Briefing on the development of a regional Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Strategy to support individual travel choices as identified in the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan.
- Other topics for discussion.