To help homeless and near homeless people, Urban Development Department works with the Lincoln Homeless Coalition. The Coalition represents organizations that serve homeless and near homelesss clients, including State, County and City governments, nonprofits, banks, housing developers, neighborhood associations, businesses, foundations and homeless/formerly homeless persons. Urban Development Department staff provide facilitation and support.
The Homeless Coalition develops and produces an annual application for funding from the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Department. The application includes:
- a Point-in-Time Count which estimates the number and characteristics of Lincoln's homeless population
- an inventory of emergency, transitional, and permanent housing
- an inventory of available housing services
- strategies and goals to address homelessness in Lincoln.
Lincoln Continuum of Care Meetings are held 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on the 4th Friday of each month, at Northbridge Community Center - Cedars, 1533 N. 27th Street. For more infomation, call 402-441-7856 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lincoln's Continuum of Care Performance Benchmarks - Scoresheet and Criteria
- Nebraska Homeless Assistance Program / Emergency Shelter Grant (NHAP-ESG) Standards - Standards for homeless service providers receiving ESG and HSATF funds.
- Nebraska Homeless Assistance Program - Offered by the State of Nebraska
- FY 2019 Lincoln Continuum of Care Competition Public Notice
- 2018 NHAP Application