Effective Wednesday, April 15, the Aging Partners office at 1005 "O" St. will be closed until further notice. All other Senior Centers in Lancaster County and the Fitness Center remain closed. All events and training programs are canceled until further notice.
Meal delivery continues and many services can be accessed by calling 402-441-7070.
Health and Fitness
The Aging Partners Health and Fitness program focuses on disease and injury prevention. Individuals are encouraged to take measures that decrease risk, promote optimum health and encourage independent living. There is a $10 suggested monthly contribution for age 60 and over and family caregivers of any age and a $15 fee for under age 60. The fitness center also provides exercise classes and fitness equipment.
555 S. 9th St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
Certified Personal Trainer
A certified personal trainer is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., or by appointment. Call for more information.
Falls are a leading cause of injury and death among adults. They can result in serious injury or fear of falling which can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, depression and isolation. Falls can be prevented! This workshop will help you learn and implement simple changes you can make to lower your risk of falling. Please join us for these fun free class.
Senior Health Care Clinics and Screenings
Aging Partners is happy to announce that we have grown from one clinic location to now having two. One is still at the Downtown Senior Center the second clinic location is at St. Mark's United Methodist Church – Vermeer Education Center (just north of the church). These two programs are co-sponsored with the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing. Both clinics offer a variety of individual and group screenings that provide participants with the knowledge of personal health risks and information about things they can do to lower those risks and optimize their health.
Clinics are currently unavailable.
Physical Activity Programs
- View a list of the Community Health Education and Fitness Classes
- LNKTV City-TV programs (Exercise for a Lifetime, Yoga: Refresh and Renew, Pilates and Forever Strong, Tai Chi: Modified 8 Form, Tai Chi: 24 Forms,Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance)
Fitness Center staff will be happy to direct you to the correct channels for your cable provider.
YouTube Video Classes
- Pay Attention to Fall Prevention
- Stepping On: Building Confidence Reducing Falls
- 8-Form Tai Chi (Modified)
- Tai Chi 24 Form Show 2
- Aging Partners Simply Fit
- Aging Partners Simply Fit 2
Health Resource Websites
Health Education Programs
Staff is available to conduct 30 to 60 minute health education programs for community, church and social groups. A variety of programs have been developed in the following general areas:
- Illness and injury prevention
- Physical activity
- Mental wellness
List of Health and Fitness Lecture Topics
Brain Health Seminar Presentations
- View Julie Masters, PhD, Department of Gerontology - PowerPoint presentation
- View Barbara Bayer, APRN, MSN, University of Nebraska Medical Center - PowerPoint presentation
- View Steve Wengel, M.D. UNMC Department of Psychiatry - PowerPoint presentation
Aging Partners is committed to assisting caregivers in their efforts to improve and maintain their health. Staff offers special support to those who want to continue providing care to those they love. Caregivers are encouraged to participate in all of our ongoing health clinics, fitness classes, workshops and work with certified personal trainers at our fitness center. Referrals to professional nutrition, case management, and legal and financial assistance staff at Aging Partners are made on a regular basis.
Services are free to caregivers and include:
- Stress Management/Fitness Consultations with Certified Personal Trainer
- Nutrition Assessments and Counseling with a Registered Dietitian
Appointments can be set up at the home of the caregiver or another location (e.g. senior center) that is convenient for the caregiver.
Caregiver Support Group Links
Alzheimer's Association Great Plains Chapter